Ambler Restaurant Week is back and better than ever, January 16-23rd!
Ambler area restaurants will be offering wonderful specials and prix-fix menus. Whether you’re looking for high end or casual, a beverage pairing or a BYOB, lunch or dinner; there is something to please everyone.
Participating restaurants and their menus will be released early in the new year, stay tuned!
Meet Jennifer Haigh, acclaimed author of Faith, The Condition and Heat & Light.
Her latest book Heat & Light depicts a community blessed and cursed by its natural resources. Soaring, ambitious, it zooms from drill rig to shareholders’ meeting to the Three Mile Island nuclear reactor to the ruined landscape of the “strippins,” haunting reminders of Pennsylvania’s past energy booms. The Washington Post calls Heat and Light “the best fracking novel ever.” NY Times called Jennifer Haigh an “expertly nuanced story teller.”
Jennifer is the author of four previous novels: Faith, The Condition, Baker Towers and Mrs. Kimble, winner of the PEN/Hemingway Award for debut fiction. Her short story collection News From Heaven won the Massachusetts Book Award and the PEN New England Award in Fiction. Haigh’s short stories have appeared in The Atlantic, Granta, The Best American Short Stories and many other places.
Tickets may be purchased at the Upper Dublin Public Library, Wissahickon Valley Public Library or online at haigh2017.brownpapertickets.com.
Your ticket fee helps support the Let’s Discuss It Author Series. Thank you!
Ambler is celebrating the Academy Awards with a 3 day Awards Weekend kicking off Friday, February 24th and culminating with a spectacular party and viewing of the 2017 Academy Awards at the Ambler Theater on Sunday, February 26, 2017!
Check back here for details and at www.amblertheater.org
- Dinner in Ambler: We are partnering with with local Ambler restaurants to provide special dinner options before the party.
- Reserved Seating: All three auditoriums are equipped with reserved seating, so that when you get your tickets, you will know exactly where you will be sitting and not have to rush.
- Red Carpet Reception: We’ve opened up our VIP Red Carpet Reception to everyone. Join us before the awards for drinks and light dessert.
- Reduced Tickets: We are celebrating Ambler and the past year of great movies and want everyone to join us. So, we cut ticket prices!
- Photo Booth: Strike a pose at our old-fashioned photo booth.
- Raffle: Enter the Hollywood Awards Party raffle for your chance to win incredible prizes.
- Endless Popcorn and Drinks: We would never forget to serve up everyone’s favorite movie snack, the famous Ambler Theater popcorn.
- Fill-in Ballots: Play along with the show and guess the winners.
Tickets $15 Members / $25 General
Tickets for this event are Reserved Seating only.
Timing Dinner – We are working with a number of restaurants in town who are providing pre-event meal specials. Want to make a full night of it in Ambler? Check out the following participating restaurants and book your reservation now!
Red Carpet Reception
Join us before the ceremony for a Red Carpet Reception. Walk the Red Carpet and be welcomed with a champagne toast. Join us for mingling, conversation, a wine and beer bar featuring brews from Ambler’s own Forest & Main Brewery, and light dessert and small savory bites from a handful of local Ambler businesses.
8pm – midnight
The Main Event! We will be broadcasting the 89th Academy Awards on all three screens in crisp, beautiful HD. Play along in your seats with our interactive You-Pick-The-Winners poll. Raffle prizes will be announced during the commercial breaks, bringing the excitement of winning to Ambler.
Get your tickets for the party at the theater on Sunday: www.amblertheater.org